3/15/2010

TERRY BORDER: STUD MUFFIN SNARKY ARTIST!



We love to find people that are snarky in nature and doing what they love. It is obvious that Terry loves his work and WE do too! We have posted his images in the past without knowing the artist behind the scene. Remeber the executioner banana? Loved that pic! So we thought we show you the guy behind these terribly funny and detailed photos.


STUD MUFFIN! Bentobjects.blogspotcom

Artist Terry Border is one of those people who holds a secret gift. He can take boring, everyday objects and make them come alive. His art can be appreciated for the clever thought behind it.

What I love most about his work, though, is that it can be enjoyed by everyone. Young or old, we can all get a good chuckle out of his hilarious, bent objects.

From My Modern Met

Today, I asked Terry where he gets his ideas. Here is his reply:

"Basically, I get ideas for photographs when everyday objects remind me of something else. Then I try to think about how I can show others the connection I made. The next step - I try really hard to take it one step further- add humor, emotion of some kind, maybe an "aha" moment. For example, with "Mail Order Bride", I came up with the characters, but the little chair against the door really makes that shot for most people.

"Then again, sometimes an idea just pops into my head. That makes me happy."



Cool Interview with Terry HERE





1 comment:

Fast Film said...

It's always a treat to read the story behind weird art.